Samsung corporate marketing director Andrew Garrihy departs
Samsung corporate marketing director Andrew Garrihy is leaving the company after his role was scrapped as part of a "change in strategic direction" at the brand.
Andrew Garrihy: corporate marketing director leaves Samsung
The role previously came with a place on the UK and Ireland board, with Garrihy reporting to UK managing director Andy Griffiths.
In a statement, Samsung credited Garrihy for his "unwavering commitment and passion, and for the part he has played in helping us dramatically improve our brand value whilst also delivering an outstanding Olympics activation".
Garrihy led a 35-strong marketing team, which was swelled by an additional 20 freelance staff during the Olympics, and was responsible for the entire Samsung range, spanning mobile, TV, digital imaging, white goods, IT and B2B.
Samsung added that "marketing is much stronger" following his two years at the company.
Garrihy was hired from Vodafone, where he rose to global head of marketing after joining the company's Australian business in 2005.
Samsung would not elaborate on the change in strategic direction that has prompted the scrapping of the corporate marketing director role.
Garrihy has opted to leave Samsung rather than stay at the business, in order to "pursue new opportunities".
Read our profile interview with Garrihy concerning topics including Samsung's aggressive global growth and Olympic legacy.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...