Bloomberg commercial chief Laurie Benson resigns to launch consultancy
Laurie Benson, the EMEA director at Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, has resigned to start a business advisory company.
Laurie Benson: to launch advisory company in May
Benson has worked at the financial media corporation for three years and she ran the commercial arm for all of Bloomberg's publishing businesses in EMEA.
She joined in 2009 to oversee Bloomberg Markets magazine and the publishing side of the Bloomberg Terminal, a software platform that provides access to the Bloomberg Professional financial data service.
Benson said she worked to position Bloomberg Markets as a leading publication for the chief executive audience, and said revenues for the magazine trebled in the EMEA in her first year.
She said: "I'm really proud of the profile that Bloomberg Markets now has in the marketplace, and the strength of its offering, especially in reaching chief executives. There is a strong business in place that should continue to grow for years to come."
In 2012, Benson took over responsibility for the weekly Bloomberg Businessweek magazine and oversaw the launch of luxury magazine Bloomberg Pursuits, an offshoot of Bloomberg Markets.
Before joining Bloomberg, Benson was the EMEA publishing director for Time Magazine, part of Time Warner's magazine division, Time Inc.
Benson's new company, Upnexxt, will launch in May. It will be based in London and will focus on advising US businesses on global expansion.
Benson said: "My advisory business will specialise in media, technology, luxury and finance. I will do everything from non-executive board work, to advising private equity firms and companies who are building international strategies."
She resigned last Monday and the news was announced to the company on Friday. Bloomberg said it did not comment on personnel issues, and that a replacement for Benson would be appointed in due course.
Bloomberg's media group includes Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg Television and has worked with advertising clients including Deutsche Bank, Jaguar, Accenture and Bentley Motors.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- User Experience Manager - e-Commerce ReThink Retail £65000.00 per annum + Benefits + Bonus , City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...