Fitness First hires Tribal DDB to global digital account
Fitness First, the gym group, has hired Omnicom's Tribal DDB as its global digital agency without a pitch.
Fitness First: hires Tribal DDB
The decision marks a shift in business strategy for Fitness First, which has kept digital work in-house for the past year.
The global brief includes all of Fitness First’s markets, the largest of which are the UK, Germany, Australia and Asia.
Tribal DDB has not worked with Fitness First before. It will begin on the account immediately, helping to develop Fitness First’s long-term digital strategy as well as delivering response-based short-term digital work.
The brand is embarking on a new marketing push and Tribal DDB will help to create a digital ecosystem to offer a "seamless" experience across platforms, an easier online purchasing process and a richer brand experience inside and outside the 400 Fitness First clubs worldwide.
The move comes after Fitness First moved its media strategy, planning and buying business into Vizeum, part of Aegis Media, also without a pitch. Tribal DDB’s appointment will not affect Vizeum.
The appointment was handled by David Langridge, the group marketing director of Fitness First.
He said: "We were impressed with how Tribal DDB understood and interpreted our vision, and we look forward to the team challenging and supporting us in providing Fitness First members with a 21st century service that combines their gym experiences with their everyday lives."Follow @louiseridley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...