Premier Foods brings Ambrosia Custard back to TV after 10-year absence
Premier Foods is launching its first TV ad campaign for Ambrosia Custard in 10 years, aiming to reinvent the brand as relevant to modern British family life.
The TV and cinema campaign, created by JWT London, sees the brand adopt the strapline "This is pudding". The clip shows custard being poured over puddings, with the aim of conveying that adding custard is a "little expression of care". The campaign launches today (15 March).
Ambrosia Custard had previously run Westcountry-themed advertising, using the line "Devon knows how they make it so creamy".
Claire Harrison-Church, category business unit director, at Premier Foods, said: "Though they’ve always been loved, traditional British puddings are back in vogue, making this the perfect time for Ambrosia to prove its relevance. The aim of the campaign is to reawaken an emotional connection with Ambrosia by making it relevant to today’s modern family."
Tracey Follows, chief strategy officer and executive partner at JWT London, added: "This work comes from our deep understanding of what comfort food is to the modern family and recognition that Ambrosia is what makes a pudding. Why settle for dessert when you can enjoy pudding."
In 2012, Ambrosia was earmarked as one of Premier Foods’ eight "power brands" receiving the bulk of marketing support, including Oxo, Mr Kipling and Hovis.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...