Sky Sports launches on pay-as-you-go Now TV
Sky has opened up its acclaimed sports channels to non-subscribers for the first time in 22 years today, with the launch of its pay-as-you-go internet service, Now TV.
Now TV: rolls out Sports subscription
Now TV promises a new and flexible way to access the satellite giant’s live sports coverage with no contract, set-up costs or installation. Customers can now get unlimited 24-hour access to all six Sky Sports channels for £9.99.
The broadcaster is hoping Now TV will open Sky Sports to new audiences with its exclusive event-TV content, including Formula 1 races, Premier League matches and Ashes Tests.
The web-based service will be available on all connected devices, including Xbox 360, computers, tablets and smartphones.
Simon Creasey, director of Now TV, called the launch a "landmark moment for sports fans".
Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports, added: "Sky Sports has never offered a greater choice of high-quality live sport and we’ve got our biggest ever summer ahead.
"Whether it’s the Ashes, the Lions, F1, or the finale of the football season, there’s something for all sports fans on Sky."
The new sports content adds to Now TV’s established offering of access to Sky Movies with a monthly pass.Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...