Google hires Bednash to lead consumer marketing in EMEA
Google has hired Graham Bednash, a co-founder of the communications planning agency Michaelides & Bednash, as its EMEA consumer marketing director.
Bednash: most recently led Mindshare’s Invention division
Bednash, who most recently worked at Mindshare Worldwide as a joint head of its Invention division, will work across Google+, search and mobile products.
He will work alongside Steve Vranakis, the executive creative director of Google Creative Lab.
It is thought that Bednash will also take responsibility for managing Google’s agency relationships, which include Bartle Bogle Hegarty, M&C Saatchi and Adam & Eve/DDB in the UK.
Google would not comment on the appointment.
Bednash, along with the other M&B founder George Michaelides, stepped down from Mindshare in September last year. They had worked at the agency since October 2008 after M&B was acquired for a nominal sum and rolled into Mindshare.
Last month, Google shifted its global Chrome advertising account from BBH to 72andSunny. BBH had worked on the business for four years and positioned Chrome as a tool to unlock human potential through the tagline: "The web is what you make of it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England