Infiniti signs F1 star Sebastian Vettel as performance director
Luxury car maker Infiniti has signed Formula 1 driver Sebastian Vettel as its director of performance.
Sebastian Vettel: Infiniti's new director of performance
Vettel, a triple F1 world champion, made the headlines this week after disobeying team instructions by overtaking fellow Infiniti Red Bull Racing driver Mark Webber to win the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Amid calls for the German driver to be banned by his team, Infiniti has chosen to unveil Vettel as its first director of performance at the New York International Auto Show.
Vettel will work with the Nissan-owned marque to develop its vehicle line-up. Infiniti has previously collaborated with the driver for its FX Vettel Edition and newly-launched Q50 models.
Making the announcement, Infiniti President Johan de Nysschen said: "As our technical collaboration with Infiniti Red Bull Racing continues to deepen, so does our relationship with Sebastian, who will be crucial to the development of our future vehicle line-up, ensuring Infiniti stands for passion and performance in a brand that challenges the status quo."
In December, it was announced Infiniti was to become co-title sponsor of the Red Bull Racing F1 team, having first signed as a sponsor in March 2011.
Last year, it was reported that Vettel may move to the rival Ferrari F1 team, but the brand has since insisted that these rumours have been "put to bed".Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London