Starbucks joins Suspended Coffee homeless initiative
Starbucks has signed up to a charitable initiative called Suspended Coffee, which allows customers to buy a coffee and then reserve one for the homeless.
Ian Cranna: vice-president of marketing at Starbucks UK
The move comes as Starbucks seeks to improve its CSR credentials, in light of last year's controversy around the coffee-chain's tax avoidance.
Ian Cranna, vice-president of marketing at Starbucks UK, said: "Coming soon, when a customer buys a Suspended Coffee, we will provide coffee to that value to our long-standing community charity partner Oasis, which will distribute it through community hubs across the UK."
The Suspended Coffee initiative was pioneered in Naples, Italy, and was designed to give coffee drinkers the opportunity to make a charitable donation by reserving a coffee for those unable to afford to buy a drink.
Starbucks has developed its own version of the initiative, so that the coffee chain will match the value of each Suspended Coffee with a cash donation to the Oasis charity.
Cranna added that the campaign "will provide warmth and comfort for those looking for food or a hot cup of coffee".Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London