Former Birds Eye boss Martin Glenn joins United Biscuits
Martin Glenn, the former PepsiCo marketer and Birds Eye chief executive, is to become the new chief executive of United Biscuits (UB).
Martin Glenn: appointed chief executive of United Biscuits
Glenn, a high-profile figure in the marketing industry over the past 20 years, replaces Benoit Testard, who is stepping down to pursue other interests. The appointment is being announced internally today.
Marketing revealed earlier this year that Glenn was leaving Birds Eye after six years at the helm. He took up the position as Birds Eye chief executive in 2006, following Permira's acquisition of Iglo Group from Unilever for £1.2bn.
Glenn joined Birds Eye from PepsiCo, where he had been UK and Ireland chief executive, having joined the company 15 years previously as a marketer.
He was the executive responsible for hiring former England football star Gary Lineker to promote Walkers crisps. During Glenn's time at PepsiCo, Walkers increased its share of the crisps market from 29% to 67%.
UB is owned by private equity firms Blackstone and PAI Partners. The company sold off its snacks division, including brands such as Hula Hoops, to German firm Intersnack last year.Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)