Former Birds Eye boss Martin Glenn joins United Biscuits
Martin Glenn, the former PepsiCo marketer and Birds Eye chief executive, is to become the new chief executive of United Biscuits (UB).
Martin Glenn: appointed chief executive of United Biscuits
Glenn, a high-profile figure in the marketing industry over the past 20 years, replaces Benoit Testard, who is stepping down to pursue other interests. The appointment is being announced internally today.
Marketing revealed earlier this year that Glenn was leaving Birds Eye after six years at the helm. He took up the position as Birds Eye chief executive in 2006, following Permira's acquisition of Iglo Group from Unilever for £1.2bn.
Glenn joined Birds Eye from PepsiCo, where he had been UK and Ireland chief executive, having joined the company 15 years previously as a marketer.
He was the executive responsible for hiring former England football star Gary Lineker to promote Walkers crisps. During Glenn's time at PepsiCo, Walkers increased its share of the crisps market from 29% to 67%.
UB is owned by private equity firms Blackstone and PAI Partners. The company sold off its snacks division, including brands such as Hula Hoops, to German firm Intersnack last year.Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London