Former Birds Eye boss Martin Glenn joins United Biscuits
Martin Glenn, the former PepsiCo marketer and Birds Eye chief executive, is to become the new chief executive of United Biscuits (UB).
Martin Glenn: appointed chief executive of United Biscuits
Glenn, a high-profile figure in the marketing industry over the past 20 years, replaces Benoit Testard, who is stepping down to pursue other interests. The appointment is being announced internally today.
Marketing revealed earlier this year that Glenn was leaving Birds Eye after six years at the helm. He took up the position as Birds Eye chief executive in 2006, following Permira's acquisition of Iglo Group from Unilever for £1.2bn.
Glenn joined Birds Eye from PepsiCo, where he had been UK and Ireland chief executive, having joined the company 15 years previously as a marketer.
He was the executive responsible for hiring former England football star Gary Lineker to promote Walkers crisps. During Glenn's time at PepsiCo, Walkers increased its share of the crisps market from 29% to 67%.
UB is owned by private equity firms Blackstone and PAI Partners. The company sold off its snacks division, including brands such as Hula Hoops, to German firm Intersnack last year.Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Freelance Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £250 per day, London
- Procurement Director - Promotions / POS / BTL - Global Role Fill Recruitment Ltd £70-£80k Basic + Superb Bonus Opportunities + Benefits, Central London