Brazil legend Ronaldo kicks off WPP tour
Ronaldo, the Brazilian footballer turned adman, has arrived in the UK and will meet with executives from WPP agencies to learn about the industry in the coming months.
Sir Martin Sorrell with Ronaldo
During his year in London, Ronaldo is expected to spend time with WPP management such as the Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R chief executive, Ben Kay, and the MediaCom chief executive, Karen Blackett. Ronaldo will also look for new business for his joint venture with WPP, the sports marketing agency 9ine.
A WPP spokesman said: "WPP has a longstanding relationship with Ronaldo through 9ine, our joint venture in Brazil.
"He will be in London over the coming months as part of his stay in Europe, working on new business opportunities for 9ine - particularly in relation to the World Cup and the Rio 2016 Olympics.
"While there will be no formal programme or position with WPP agencies, Ronaldo plans to spend time with a number of our companies to learn more about our different marketing disciplines and the work we do for clients around the world."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London