First 'Blippable' TV ad to air tonight on Channel5
The world's first TV ad enabled with Blippar, for 'Star Trek Into Darkness', will air on Channel 5 tonight.
Channel 5 worked with visual recognition technology company Blippar, the film's producer Paramount Pictures and MEC to create the ads for the new 'Star Trek' film.
The campaign will run for two weeks, with the first spot airing tonight at 9pm during 'Ben Fogle: New Lives in the Wild'.
Viewers will be able to interact with the ad by downloading the Blippar app and holding their phone up to the screen, to be taken to a bespoke 'Star Trek Into Darkness' interface. On the platform they can then win tickets to the film's premiere in Tokyo, watch a trailer or book tickets at their local cinema.
The ads will air across Channel 5, 5* and 5USA in the run-up to the film’s release on 9 May.
Emily Fairhead-Keen, business director at MEC, said: "Screen synchronicity is not a 'nice to have' any more, it's a critical part of our planning.
"We should embrace smarter ways to engage consumers on both screens, especially with categories such as entertainment, which lend themselves so well to user engagement and the sourcing of additional content/prizing."
This is the third partnership Channel 5 has executed with Paramount and MEC in the past 18 months.
John Fletcher, marketing director of Paramount, said: "Star Trek will be an epic release, we are incredibly excited to be able to run this activity for a release of this scale. Running dual screen activity with such an exciting prize, is a real opportunity for us to explore more creative, smarter ways of dual screening and presents a real venture for the studio".Follow @LouiseRidley
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury