Steve Bond becomes latest outdoor executive to join Talon
Steve Bond, the former chief operating officer of Postercope, is to join Omnicom Media Group's outdoor specialist Talon as a partner.
Eric Newnham: chief executive of Talon welcomed Steve Bond's appointment
Bond has more than 35 years of experience in the outdoor industry and was chief operating officer at Aegis Media’s specialist Posterscope (now part of Dentsu) between 2009 and 2012.
Prior to becoming chief operating officer, Bond was managing director of Posterscope from 2001 and client services director before that.
Talon took on the out-of-home (OOH) planning and buying business for the Omnicom Media Group agencies, which was previously handled by Posterscope, at the start of April 2013.
Since Eric Newnham, the former global chief executive of WPP’s specialist Kinetic, bought a majority stake in Talon last year it has hired a number of senior executives, including Nick Mawditt and James Copley.
Newnham said: "We are delighted that Steve is joining us at Talon as his appointment means our senior management team is now fully in place. Everyone joining Talon has bought into our ethos of doing things differently and relishes the opportunity to be part of an independent agency.
"In a very short time Talon has achieved some impressive feats, but now that we have Steve on board, I am looking forward to even greater things."
At Talon, Bond will be reunited with former colleague and ex-Posterscope client services director Frank Bryant, who joined the agency as a director last year.
Bond said: "I'm really looking forward to joining Talon as a team of very senior and experienced, hands on, OOH experts is at the heart of the business. The agency clearly recognises the individual role and importance of each key party and already has a track record in promoting collaboration and integration.’"
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)