GoCompare.com is most complained-about advertiser of 2012
With a total of nearly 2,000 complaints, campaigns by GoCompare.com were the most complained-about ads of the past year, according to the Advertising Standards Authority.
Go.compare: campaigns attracted the most complaints in 2012
Other brands with the dubious honour of making the top 10 include Channel 4 for its promotion for documentary series 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding', Kerry Foods for a Richmond Ham TV ad featuring nudity, and Paddy Power for an ad which offended the transgender community.
Last year's most complained-about list was topped by retailer Phones 4U for a horror-themed ad.
Click here for full details of the ASA's annual report.
1. GoCompare "Stuart Pearce"
2. GoCompare "bazooka Sue"
3. Asda "Christmas doesn't just happen by magic"
4. Channel 4 "bigger, fatter, gypsier"
5. Richmond Ham "as nature intended"
6. Paddy Power "ladies day"
7. Kellog's Crunch Nut "snake"
=7. Morrisons "for your Christmas"
9. Kayak "brain surgery"
10. St John's Ambulance "helpless"
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - DIRECT AND DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Cirencester
- Senior Account Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London