GoCompare.com is most complained-about advertiser of 2012
With a total of nearly 2,000 complaints, campaigns by GoCompare.com were the most complained-about ads of the past year, according to the Advertising Standards Authority.
Go.compare: campaigns attracted the most complaints in 2012
Other brands with the dubious honour of making the top 10 include Channel 4 for its promotion for documentary series 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding', Kerry Foods for a Richmond Ham TV ad featuring nudity, and Paddy Power for an ad which offended the transgender community.
Last year's most complained-about list was topped by retailer Phones 4U for a horror-themed ad.
Click here for full details of the ASA's annual report.
1. GoCompare "Stuart Pearce"
2. GoCompare "bazooka Sue"
3. Asda "Christmas doesn't just happen by magic"
4. Channel 4 "bigger, fatter, gypsier"
5. Richmond Ham "as nature intended"
6. Paddy Power "ladies day"
7. Kellog's Crunch Nut "snake"
=7. Morrisons "for your Christmas"
9. Kayak "brain surgery"
10. St John's Ambulance "helpless"
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire