GoCompare.com is most complained-about advertiser of 2012
With a total of nearly 2,000 complaints, campaigns by GoCompare.com were the most complained-about ads of the past year, according to the Advertising Standards Authority.
Go.compare: campaigns attracted the most complaints in 2012
Other brands with the dubious honour of making the top 10 include Channel 4 for its promotion for documentary series 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding', Kerry Foods for a Richmond Ham TV ad featuring nudity, and Paddy Power for an ad which offended the transgender community.
Last year's most complained-about list was topped by retailer Phones 4U for a horror-themed ad.
Click here for full details of the ASA's annual report.
1. GoCompare "Stuart Pearce"
2. GoCompare "bazooka Sue"
3. Asda "Christmas doesn't just happen by magic"
4. Channel 4 "bigger, fatter, gypsier"
5. Richmond Ham "as nature intended"
6. Paddy Power "ladies day"
7. Kellog's Crunch Nut "snake"
=7. Morrisons "for your Christmas"
9. Kayak "brain surgery"
10. St John's Ambulance "helpless"
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London