GoCompare.com is most complained-about advertiser of 2012
With a total of nearly 2,000 complaints, campaigns by GoCompare.com were the most complained-about ads of the past year, according to the Advertising Standards Authority.
Go.compare: campaigns attracted the most complaints in 2012
Other brands with the dubious honour of making the top 10 include Channel 4 for its promotion for documentary series 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding', Kerry Foods for a Richmond Ham TV ad featuring nudity, and Paddy Power for an ad which offended the transgender community.
Last year's most complained-about list was topped by retailer Phones 4U for a horror-themed ad.
Click here for full details of the ASA's annual report.
1. GoCompare "Stuart Pearce"
2. GoCompare "bazooka Sue"
3. Asda "Christmas doesn't just happen by magic"
4. Channel 4 "bigger, fatter, gypsier"
5. Richmond Ham "as nature intended"
6. Paddy Power "ladies day"
7. Kellog's Crunch Nut "snake"
=7. Morrisons "for your Christmas"
9. Kayak "brain surgery"
10. St John's Ambulance "helpless"
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)