BMB on alert as Cobra calls creative review
Molson Coors is looking for a creative agency to handle the advertising for the Cobra Indian beer brand.
Cobra: creative review
Beattie McGuinness Bungay holds the business and created the "Cobra train" spot that was launched in February last year.
ISBA is thought to be advising on the review, which is in its early stages. Cobra has approached various agencies, including some on the Molson Coors roster.
Molson Coors spent £2.4 million on UK media for Cobra in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen.
Media, handled by ZenithOptimedia, is unaffected.
BMB was appointed in 2009 after Molson Coors bought a majority stake in Cobra from the founder Karan Bilimoria. BMB also works on the Molson Coors beer brands Corona and Grolsch.
"Cobra train" showed travellers on a train in India enjoying the bottled beer, ending with the line: "Splendidly Indian, superbly smooth."
A Molson Coors spokesman declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...