BMB on alert as Cobra calls creative review
Molson Coors is looking for a creative agency to handle the advertising for the Cobra Indian beer brand.
Cobra: creative review
Beattie McGuinness Bungay holds the business and created the "Cobra train" spot that was launched in February last year.
ISBA is thought to be advising on the review, which is in its early stages. Cobra has approached various agencies, including some on the Molson Coors roster.
Molson Coors spent £2.4 million on UK media for Cobra in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen.
Media, handled by ZenithOptimedia, is unaffected.
BMB was appointed in 2009 after Molson Coors bought a majority stake in Cobra from the founder Karan Bilimoria. BMB also works on the Molson Coors beer brands Corona and Grolsch.
"Cobra train" showed travellers on a train in India enjoying the bottled beer, ending with the line: "Splendidly Indian, superbly smooth."
A Molson Coors spokesman declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)