Toyota swaps T4 sponsorship for Vevo ad deal
Toyota has replaced its long-standing partnership with Channel 4's T4 with a seven-figure advertising deal with online music platform Vevo, as it seeks to promote its Aygo model to a youthful audience.
Vevo: Toyota Aygo to sponsor music platform content
The new deal, brokered by Newcast, ZenithOptimedia’s brand partnership division, follows Aygo’s long-running partnership with the T4 youth programming strand, which ended in December last year.
Aygo will sponsor Vevo’s 'What’s Hot Weekend' round-up, as well as strategically sponsoring its latest music video premiers across devices.
The sponsorship comes as part of Aygo’s #YNOT campaign, created by Glue Isobar, and designed with its "young, adventurous audience in mind".
The #YNOT message will be integrated into a set of pre-rolls, idents and digital displays, and used to inspire young people to share the hashtag during their social media conversations.
Lisa Fielden, Toyota’s brand and digital manager, said that Vevo’s position as the UK’s top music destination made it an "ideal partner".
She said: "A big selling point was Vevo’s steadily growing mobile audience – crucial in its ability to target the hard-to-reach youth market."
With a 10.5 million monthly viewing audience, Vevo claims it is able to provide Toyota with a platform that can allow it to reach its target youth audience on a national scale.
Bruce McGowan, Newcast's strategic partnership director, said: "The integrated partnership will allow Aygo both considerable reach and deeper levels of engagement through Vevo’s strong social following."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)