Zurich hires IPG for creative, media and digital duties
Zurich Insurance Group has awarded its global integrated advertising, media and digital account to Interpublic Group after a pitch.
Michael Roth: chairman and chief executive of Interpublic Group
Zurich’s marketing will be provided by an integrated network leadership team (NLT) led by McCann Worldgroup and leaning on resources from McCann Erickson, UM and MRM.
Once the contract between IPG and the insurance brand has been signed, the NLT will work with all divisions of Zurich in all regions across the world to bring the insurance brand "efficiently and effectively" to life.
IPG’s proposition beat two groups with a prior relationship with the brand, including WPP, which is the incumbent for the media business through Mindshare, and Publicis Groupe, whose Publicis Worldwide holds the creative account.
Zurich has not previously had a dedicated digital shop.
Michael Roth, the chairman and chief executive of Interpublic Group, said: "We are honoured to be selected by Zurich and to have the opportunity to contribute to their business in a meaningful way globally.
"This kind of integrated model is one that we have championed at our company, and it's a model that's tailor-made for a company like Zurich."
Campaign broke the news of the interdisciplinary Zurich review in March.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham