Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
Tennis fans have been given the chance to take part in a training session with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the world number eight, ahead of the French Open, using a Twitter-controlled robot to position shots to him.
‘Tweet and Shoot' is a global social media campaign for French Open sponsor BNP Paribas, created by We Are Social.
On 23 May, three days before the 2013 French Open competition begins, fans will be able to prepare a tennis shot for Tsonga by dragging and dropping a tennis ball on to a virtual tennis court on the campaign's website.
The virtual tennis shots will be encoded into Twitter hashtags describing their location, before being sent out in a tweet from the user’s account, to which they can add a personal message to Tsonga.
The 28-year old Frenchman will take to a tennis court at 4pm that day, when an on-court robot will select tweets at random and fire tennis balls at him, with each shot mapped precisely to an individual tweet.
The event will be filmed and streamed live on the Tweet and Shoot website.
A group of 40 VIP Twitter Trainers will be selected from BNP Paribas’ social media communities, chosen through a competition, who will be guaranteed to have their tennis tweet shots fired at Tsonga.
The campaign marks BNP Paribas’s 40th year of partnership with the French Open, which takes place at Roland-Garros stadium in Paris.
Tsonga said: "I'm looking forward to taking on the technical prowess of Twitter users. Hopefully, sharing this experience with all these tennis fans will bring me luck for the tournament."Follow @LouiseRidley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)