TalkTalk to sponsor fifth X Factor
TalkTalk, the telecoms and TV company, has extended its sponsorship of ITV's 'The X Factor' for a fifth year.
TalkTalk: X Factor idents 2012 created by CHI & Partners
The multiplatform agreement with ITV, 'The X Factor' owner Syco Entertainment and producer FremantleMedia, will continue to include the TV idents before and after the ad breaks in the show, as well as on the catch-up service, ITV Player.
More than 46 million people saw at least one of the idents in 2012, according to TalkTalk research.
The well-known slots have featured 'The X Factor' fans and former contestants such as One Direction and Little Mix. They have also offered TalkTalk customers the chance to win tickets to the live recording of the TV show at the arena auditions.
The deal features TalkTalk also partnering with 'The X Factor USA', shown on ITV2, for a third year.
For the first time, 'The X Factor' shows will also be shown on TalkTalk TV, the television and video-on-demand service operated by TalkTalk.
Tristia Harrison, the commercial director of TalkTalk, said: "We have enjoyed great success with 'The X Factor' and are excited for what 2013 holds in store. It will also be the first year our customers will be able to watch the shows on TalkTalk TV, live and on-demand."
Last year's 'The X Factor' finale peaked with an audience of 12.5 million on ITV in December.
Simon Daglish, a group commercial sales director at ITV said: "The longevity of this partnership ensures that we are able to maximise the value of the sponsorship and bring the show to fans in new and exciting ways."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Market Insight & Analysis Manager - 4 month contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£65K pro rata or Day Rate, London (Greater)
- Freelance SEO Consultant Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London