McCann London picked to run London Live campaign
The London Evening Standard has picked McCann London to promote its upcoming local TV channel, London Live.
McCann London: the sorry campaign for the relaunch of The London Evening Standard
McCann will manage the branding and communications for the expected 2014 launch of the TV channel, which is dedicated to London and will show news, sports, live coverage of events and entertainment programmes.
The agency was handed the business without a pitch, following its work with The London Evening Standard and its sister newspaper, i.
McCann has worked with The London Evening Standard since 2007, when it scooped the paper’s advertising account, then valued at £10 million, following a five-way pitch.
When McCann won the account, Associated Newspapers owned the newspaper, but the agency retained the business after Russian billionaire Alexander Lebedev bought the majority of the paper in 2009.
That year, McCann masterminded the Evening Standard’s relaunch and its ‘Sorry’ campaign, where the brand apologies to readers for being complacent and negative.
The new TV channel will be broadcast to around 4.6 million homes and will be available on Freeview, Sky and Virgin, as well as on the web.
Rob Doubal, the co-president and chief creative officer at McCann, said the win was a "fantastic opportunity for us to work closely with the team at the Standard to create a new TV channel, with every promise of being as exciting and engaging as London itself".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Creative Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Woburn Sands
- Senior Packaging Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Capability Manager - Kingston Upon Thames Stopgap negotiable, Kingston upon Thames
- Web Trading Manager Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, South East England
- Account Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + Double OTE, City of London