'Swear in the toilets when no-one is listening': Mary Portas' tips for the top
Mary Portas, retail guru, broadcaster, campaigner and founder of Portas the Retail Agency, believes that "great ideas happen by chance" and gets her biggest kick from "the next thing I'm doing, the next thing I'm learning".
Mary Portas: top business tips
Here, she shares her top six tips for getting to the top in the business world.
So, what are my tips for reaching the top?
Treat people with respect. You never know when you’ll meet them again.
1. Even when you’re winning, be humble.
2. Work harder than the everyone else.
3. Take risks. They might just pay off.
4. If you’re not laughing, get out. Work to live and all that.
5. Treat people with respect. You never know when you’ll meet them again.
6. And finally, swear in the toilets when no-one is listening.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)