'Swear in the toilets when no-one is listening': Mary Portas' tips for the top
Mary Portas, retail guru, broadcaster, campaigner and founder of Portas the Retail Agency, believes that "great ideas happen by chance" and gets her biggest kick from "the next thing I'm doing, the next thing I'm learning".
Mary Portas: top business tips
Here, she shares her top six tips for getting to the top in the business world.
So, what are my tips for reaching the top?
Treat people with respect. You never know when you’ll meet them again.
1. Even when you’re winning, be humble.
2. Work harder than the everyone else.
3. Take risks. They might just pay off.
4. If you’re not laughing, get out. Work to live and all that.
5. Treat people with respect. You never know when you’ll meet them again.
6. And finally, swear in the toilets when no-one is listening.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London