Burberry partners with Google on digital kisses campaign
Burberry has partnered with Google to launch a social campaign that allows users to send their real kisses around the world.
The 'Burberry Kisses' campaign debuts today. It is part of Google’s Art, Copy & Code initiative, which aims to humanise technology through emotive digital experiences.
The experience is hosted on a dedicated platform at Kisses.Burberry.com, where Google Chrome and mobile users can share a kiss with loved ones around the world.
"Kiss recognition technology", described as a digital first, uses a desktop camera or direct lip contact on a touch screen device to capture people’s real kisses.
The kisses can then be shared, along with a personalised message and the option to choose a lip colour from the Burberry Beauty range, with others on Google+ and social media sites.
The campaign has been created in-house by Burberry’s creative team, along with Google.
Christopher Bailey, the chief creative officer at Burberry, said: "We're constantly thinking about how we translate the emotion of what we create and experience in the real world into the digital space.
"Burberry Kisses began with the idea of giving technology a bit of heart and soul, and using it to unite the Burberry family across the world, by telling a story that makes the digital personal."
Burberry Kisses will be captured on a real-time interactive map allowing desktop viewers to see kisses moving around the world, and which cities are sending and receiving the most kisses.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Digital Content Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London