Leith buys Edinburgh rival Newhaven
The Leith Agency has acquired its struggling Edinburgh rival Newhaven Communications for a nominal sum.
Irn Bru: blind date by The Leith Agency
Leith bought the privately owned Newhaven on Friday 14 June. Under the terms of the purchase, announced yesterday, Newhaven will continue under its own brand while it meets existing client obligations, but will eventually be folded into Leith.
Newhaven had been struggling since losing key accounts, such as Scottish Power.
Richard Marsham, the Leith group managing partner, said although the deal was not a distressed purchase, Newhaven’s management "could see a difficult six months ahead".
The acquisition will gift Leith increased scale, as well as a relationship with Tennents, which is part of the wider C&C group. Marsham said Leith, which previously worked with Molson Coors, had been looking to land another beer client for some time.
He said: "We've spoken to the client who is happy with the deal but has said that we need to prove our worth."
Leith, which has 75 employees, is now in consultation with Newhaven’s 23 staff, and has not ruled out the possibility of redundancies.
Ken Dixon, the co-founder and planning director at Newhaven, is leaving, following the acquisition, while the co-founder Jonathan Shinton will carry on in a freelance capacity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)