Kia to sponsor Ashes content on TalkSport
Kia Motors will sponsor all content related to this summer's Ashes series between the England and Australia cricket teams, in a deal brokered by Havas Media Group.
Kia: sponsors Ashes content on TalkSport
The multiplatform agreement will see Kia sponsor Ashes-related features, interviews, score updates and editorial on-air as well as an outside broadcast from the Kia Oval on the first day of the fifth Ashes test.
TalkSport's Drive Time show, co-hosted by former England fast bowler Darren Gough, will also run Kia branded features plus a competition that will see a listener "take on Darren Gough".
Kia branding will run across the Talksport.co.uk website and on all cricket coverage in its sister publication Sport magazine throughout the Ashes test series, which comprises five test matches during July and August.
All of the creative will be done in-house by TalkSport.
Anthony Hogg, the head of creative solutions, TalkSport, said: "This partnership demonstrates the kind of bespoke opportunities that we can offer big brands around specific sports or events to reach our listeners."
Lawrence Hamilton, the marketing director, Kia, said: "Cricket is a quintessential part of British culture. Our mission at Kia this summer is to help fuel cricket conversations, outside of our Surrey County Cricket Club and Kia Oval sponsorship forums, by delivering high quality cricket content during the Ashes.
"We are particularly excited about our ad-funded programming, that will communicate the performance of cricket players throughout the Ashes, as, linking back to our seven year warranty, performance is key for Kia."
The final test will be held at The Kia Oval, home to Surrey County Cricket Club, on 21-25 August. Kia is already the lead sponsor of both the club and cricket ground.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London