Gillette, Nescafé and Evian launch tactical Wimbledon campaigns
A host of brands including Gillette, Evian, Nescafé, Rolex and Lidl have rolled out print ad campaigns to mark the start of the Wimbledon tennis tournament.
Evian: Maria Sharapova stars in Wimbledon push
Action is set to commence at the All-
Official Wimbledon partner Rolex has launched a full-page print ad with a large image of the All-England tennis courts, accompanied by the text, "Rolex and
Another sponsor, wine brand Jacob’s Creek, uses its ad campaign to promote a Wimbledon ticket competition, encouraging readers to "Open up and share your Wimbledon stories" on its Facebook page.
Procter & Gamble-owned Gillette, a sponsor of one of the pre-tournament favourites Roger Federer, promotes its association with the Swiss star, while Unilever brand, dairy range Elmlea, uses a tennis pun – "Singles or doubles?" – alongside its products pictured in front of a tennis net.
A Nescafé print ad features the steam from a hot coffee pot turning into the rubber join on a tennis ball, with the line, "The perfect first serve".
Evian's Wimbledon print activity stars Maria Sharapova, the Russian tennis player, in an ad placed alongside another featuring an Evian "baby".
Discount supermarket Lidl is looking to attract consumers in search of a low-cost alternative to a Pimm’s and lemonade. The ad promotes what it describes as "Fantastic Wimbledon Offers", with tennis balls replacing the dots on the letter "i" and the "o" in "Offers", while picturing cucumber, mint, strawberries and a Pimm’s-lookalike spirit called Jeeves.
Meanwhile, bookmakers such as Coral, Paddy Power and Ladbrokes are aiming to tap into the excitement, with the latter promising to "refund losing tournament winner stakes" if British hopeful Andy Murray wins the men’s singles tournament.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...