Apple UK's 'most desired' brand but tax avoidance scandal hits Google
Apple has retained its place as the UK's most desirable brand, but Google suffered a 38% decline in desirability as the ongoing tax avoidance scandal impacted its brand perception.
Google: brand's desirability in the UK damaged by tax avoidance issue
The survey, carried out by marketing agency Clear, part of M&C Saatchi Group, showed Apple clinging to its place at the top of the
However, the report showed a chink in Apple’s armour, with its iPad brand experiencing a 23% fall in desirability, and arch-rival Samsung climbing 22%. In the equivalent US report, Apple has experienced a 10% drop and is no longer in the top 20 brands.
According to the survey, the
Google, which was twice hauled before MPs to defend alleged tax avoidance measures, suffered a 38% decline in desirability, and has fallen out of the top 20 as a result.
Similarly, although Starbucks – another target for tax campaigners – nudged its desirability rating up by 3%, its biggest
The Brand Desire survey featured 60,000 consumers from six countries who were quizzed over a three-year period about 900-plus brands, in an attempt to understand what creates, destroys and sustains brand desire.
Top 20 Desirable Brands: UK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London