Apple UK's 'most desired' brand but tax avoidance scandal hits Google
Apple has retained its place as the UK's most desirable brand, but Google suffered a 38% decline in desirability as the ongoing tax avoidance scandal impacted its brand perception.
Google: brand's desirability in the UK damaged by tax avoidance issue
The survey, carried out by marketing agency Clear, part of M&C Saatchi Group, showed Apple clinging to its place at the top of the
However, the report showed a chink in Apple’s armour, with its iPad brand experiencing a 23% fall in desirability, and arch-rival Samsung climbing 22%. In the equivalent US report, Apple has experienced a 10% drop and is no longer in the top 20 brands.
According to the survey, the
Google, which was twice hauled before MPs to defend alleged tax avoidance measures, suffered a 38% decline in desirability, and has fallen out of the top 20 as a result.
Similarly, although Starbucks – another target for tax campaigners – nudged its desirability rating up by 3%, its biggest
The Brand Desire survey featured 60,000 consumers from six countries who were quizzed over a three-year period about 900-plus brands, in an attempt to understand what creates, destroys and sustains brand desire.
Top 20 Desirable Brands: UK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London