ECB partners with YouTube to live stream the Ashes series
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has signed a deal with YouTube to stream this summer's Investec Ashes aeries live in 53 countries across mainland Europe and Latin America.
England cricket: ECB partners with YouTube to live stream Investec Ashes series
The deal continues the ECB's expansion of its digital services, with its free-to-view content already receiving more than 1.5 million views. The partnership will mean viewers can live stream the Ashes on the official ECB YouTube channel.
The channel already offers one-minute highlights of every session, including the Investec Tests and the 40-over county competition, the Yorkshire Bank 40, as well as behind-the scenes features and player interviews.
The service begins on Wednesday 10 July on the first day of the Investec Ashes Test at Trent Bridge. The service will only be available to users in regions where there is no broadcast offering.
David Collier, ECB's chief executive, said: "This is the ECB's first venture into live streaming of cricket online, so it is ground-breaking territory for us.
"We receive numerous requests from cricket fans in regions when there is no broadcast TV offering and therefore we are delighted that many will be able to enjoy this Investec Ashes Series."
Viewers in more than 50 countries will be able to stream the tournament, including cricket fans in Croatia, Italy, Norway, Chile and Brazil.
Steve Nuttall, the senior director of YouTube, said: "Our partnership with ECB expands the reach of the Investec Ashes Series to new countries and to YouTube's younger, connected audience. We're delighted to see more top-quality cricket on YouTube."
As part of its promotion of the upcoming Ashes Test match series, the ECB launched a digital campaign where it encouraged fans to tweet messages of support using the #RISE hashtag.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...