MasterCard and Unilever replace Captcha words with brand messages
MasterCard and Unilever are running activity that replaces the distorted words and numbers used in 'Captcha' authentication systems with a logo and a brand message.
Response tests: the standard Captcha system faces challenge from Solve Media's Type-In technology
MaterCard is replacing the traditional Captcha with brand messages including "MasterCard Anywhere" on more than 6,000 sites including RyanAir.com, while Unilever is pushing a "lasts just as long" message for its compressed Dove, Sure and Vaseline deodorant cans on websites owned by Bauer Media and AOL.
The brands are only required to pay for messages that have been read and typed correctly, with the Type-In technology provider Solve Media claiming engagement rates often exceed 40%.
Unilever’s campaign has resulted in an awareness lift of 151% and a click-through rate of 3.62%, according to Solve Media.
Richard Brooke, senior communications and buying manager at Unilever
"Type-Ins offer a new and innovative way of presenting our brands to our consumers, giving them a call to action with an engaging message and it has proved very successful."
Some 300 million Captcha response tests occur online each day and take the average consumer 14 seconds to crack, while Type-Ins take seven seconds on average, according to Solve Media.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London