MasterCard and Unilever replace Captcha words with brand messages
MasterCard and Unilever are running activity that replaces the distorted words and numbers used in 'Captcha' authentication systems with a logo and a brand message.
Response tests: the standard Captcha system faces challenge from Solve Media's Type-In technology
MaterCard is replacing the traditional Captcha with brand messages including "MasterCard Anywhere" on more than 6,000 sites including RyanAir.com, while Unilever is pushing a "lasts just as long" message for its compressed Dove, Sure and Vaseline deodorant cans on websites owned by Bauer Media and AOL.
The brands are only required to pay for messages that have been read and typed correctly, with the Type-In technology provider Solve Media claiming engagement rates often exceed 40%.
Unilever’s campaign has resulted in an awareness lift of 151% and a click-through rate of 3.62%, according to Solve Media.
Richard Brooke, senior communications and buying manager at Unilever
"Type-Ins offer a new and innovative way of presenting our brands to our consumers, giving them a call to action with an engaging message and it has proved very successful."
Some 300 million Captcha response tests occur online each day and take the average consumer 14 seconds to crack, while Type-Ins take seven seconds on average, according to Solve Media.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire