MasterCard and Unilever replace Captcha words with brand messages
MasterCard and Unilever are running activity that replaces the distorted words and numbers used in 'Captcha' authentication systems with a logo and a brand message.
Response tests: the standard Captcha system faces challenge from Solve Media's Type-In technology
MaterCard is replacing the traditional Captcha with brand messages including "MasterCard Anywhere" on more than 6,000 sites including RyanAir.com, while Unilever is pushing a "lasts just as long" message for its compressed Dove, Sure and Vaseline deodorant cans on websites owned by Bauer Media and AOL.
The brands are only required to pay for messages that have been read and typed correctly, with the Type-In technology provider Solve Media claiming engagement rates often exceed 40%.
Unilever’s campaign has resulted in an awareness lift of 151% and a click-through rate of 3.62%, according to Solve Media.
Richard Brooke, senior communications and buying manager at Unilever
"Type-Ins offer a new and innovative way of presenting our brands to our consumers, giving them a call to action with an engaging message and it has proved very successful."
Some 300 million Captcha response tests occur online each day and take the average consumer 14 seconds to crack, while Type-Ins take seven seconds on average, according to Solve Media.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)