Weisinger joins Wood at Portas as it looks to expand
Helen Weisinger, the former chief marketing officer at EDC, has joined David Wood, the former business director at WPP's Team Vodafone, at The Portas Agency in the new role of marketing partner as it looks to ramp up its profile.
Helen Weisinger: joins Portas
In her new role Weisinger will lead marketing and new business at the agency, which is led by Wood as the chief executive and offers advertising and communications services to brands such as Westfield Europe and Mercedes-Benz.
Retail guru Mary Portas founded the agency, then called Yellowdoor, in 1997. It rebranded as The Portas Agency earlier this year.
Wood and Weisinger have been brought on to develop the Portas agency business and its profile in the industry. Portas previously managed the agency herself, alongside her former business partner Peter Cross.
Weisinger was chief marketing officer of EDC, the parent group of Dare and Elvis, between March 2012 and May this year. She was previously chief marketing officer at McCann London and marketing director at Fallon and TBWA.
Prior to his most recent role as global business director at WPP’s Team Vodafone, Wood was client services director at Leo Burnett between 2006 and 2009 and a partner at WCRS from 2001 to 2005.
Portas said: "There’s an alchemy that makes Portas special which is why we are able to advise any client whose business is to sell stuff. After a substantial review of the agency in 2012 I decided now was the time to build on that uniqueness.
"Woody and Helen are the first wave of a renaissance of Portas and I am thrilled people of their experience and ability have joined us".
Although Portas lost the Clarks ad account to Bartle Bogle Hegarty earlier this year it still works on its PR business. Other clients include Freesat, Blue Inc and the Australian women’s retailer Sussan Group.
Wood started at Portas in June and Weisinger will join the agency on 9 September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Digital & eCRM Campaign Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire