Northern & Shell's TV Pick closes after 22 issues
Northern & Shell's weekly listings magazine TV Pick will close tomorrow, four months after it launched in March.
TV Pick: launched in March
The news brings to an end Northern & Shell-owner Richard Desmond's aim to shake up the TV listings market by launching the first major title in the sector since 2005.
The magazine planned to challenge the market leader, H Bauer's TV Choice, which is the UK's best-selling paid-for magazine, and recorded an average weekly circulation of 1.23 million in the last six months of 2012.
Desmond initiated a price war by bringing the title to market with a launch price of 40p, 5p lower than TV Choice.
TV Choice responded by cutting its price to 38p. In retaliation, the second issue of TV Pick had a slashed price of 20p, a figure then matched by TV Choice.
A spokeswoman for Northern & Shell confirmed the closure, but declined to comment further.
The magazine was on sale at more 50,000 retailers.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Director - Pharmaceutical Mustard Jobs up to £60,000 doe, Central London
- New Business Director - Agency Brand Recruitment £60000 per annum + bonus, Milton Keynes
- Creative Consultant Network Career Consultants £60000 - £80000 per annum, London