Gareth Bale fronts £4m 'I believe' Lucozade campaign
Lucozade Sport is launching a £4m campaign to educate consumers about how the brand can help improve people's sports performance, with the help of brand ambassadors Gareth Bale and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Gareth Bale: stars in latest Lucozade campaign
The 'I Believe' work uses the strapline, "Hydrates and fuels you better than water," across close-up images of the two footballers, to push owner GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) association with sport.
The campaign, created by Grey London, launches later this week and will run across TV, digital and press platforms, including sampling activity.
It launches with ambassador Bale a hot topic in the sports world, with reports linking the Tottenham Hotspur star with a record £85m transfer to Spanish club Real Madrid.
Both Bale and Oxlade-Chamberlain are being used in the campaign to support the claim that Lucozade Sport helps sports participants across the
Steven Spinola, senior brand manager at Lucozade Sport, GSK, said: "The ‘I Believe’ campaign will bring the Lucozade Sport 'Hydrates and fuels you better than water' claim to life and reinforce how we are combining our scientific expertise with product innovation to help athletes across the UK and Ireland to reach their sporting potential through nutrition."
It was revealed earlier this year that GSk is preparing to sell its Lucozade and Ribena brands, with AG Barr expected to bid.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Account Manager - integrated agency - Central London WE ARE THOMAS £30-36k plus benefits, Central London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire