Gareth Bale fronts £4m 'I believe' Lucozade campaign
Lucozade Sport is launching a £4m campaign to educate consumers about how the brand can help improve people's sports performance, with the help of brand ambassadors Gareth Bale and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Gareth Bale: stars in latest Lucozade campaign
The 'I Believe' work uses the strapline, "Hydrates and fuels you better than water," across close-up images of the two footballers, to push owner GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) association with sport.
The campaign, created by Grey London, launches later this week and will run across TV, digital and press platforms, including sampling activity.
It launches with ambassador Bale a hot topic in the sports world, with reports linking the Tottenham Hotspur star with a record £85m transfer to Spanish club Real Madrid.
Both Bale and Oxlade-Chamberlain are being used in the campaign to support the claim that Lucozade Sport helps sports participants across the
Steven Spinola, senior brand manager at Lucozade Sport, GSK, said: "The ‘I Believe’ campaign will bring the Lucozade Sport 'Hydrates and fuels you better than water' claim to life and reinforce how we are combining our scientific expertise with product innovation to help athletes across the UK and Ireland to reach their sporting potential through nutrition."
It was revealed earlier this year that GSk is preparing to sell its Lucozade and Ribena brands, with AG Barr expected to bid.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)