Gareth Bale fronts £4m 'I believe' Lucozade campaign
Lucozade Sport is launching a £4m campaign to educate consumers about how the brand can help improve people's sports performance, with the help of brand ambassadors Gareth Bale and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Gareth Bale: stars in latest Lucozade campaign
The 'I Believe' work uses the strapline, "Hydrates and fuels you better than water," across close-up images of the two footballers, to push owner GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) association with sport.
The campaign, created by Grey London, launches later this week and will run across TV, digital and press platforms, including sampling activity.
It launches with ambassador Bale a hot topic in the sports world, with reports linking the Tottenham Hotspur star with a record £85m transfer to Spanish club Real Madrid.
Both Bale and Oxlade-Chamberlain are being used in the campaign to support the claim that Lucozade Sport helps sports participants across the
Steven Spinola, senior brand manager at Lucozade Sport, GSK, said: "The ‘I Believe’ campaign will bring the Lucozade Sport 'Hydrates and fuels you better than water' claim to life and reinforce how we are combining our scientific expertise with product innovation to help athletes across the UK and Ireland to reach their sporting potential through nutrition."
It was revealed earlier this year that GSk is preparing to sell its Lucozade and Ribena brands, with AG Barr expected to bid.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London