The Sun unveils campaign for digital launch
The Sun is road blocking every major commercial TV channel in the UK tonight as part of its £10 million campaign to promote the launch of Sun+, its digital entertainment bundle.
A 40-second spot plugging the new service will debut online before airing across roughly 30 major TV stations at 8:30pm tonight (2 August). The ad will also air on ITV Player and 4oD, and is backed up by a national radio campaign.
The spot, part of the brand’s wider "get involved" campaign, focuses on Sun+ Goals, which allows users to watch Barclays Premier League highlights wherever they want.
The humorous ad illustrates all the places you can catch up on the football – for instance, at the cinema and while your waiting for your car to be fixed – and then warns about places where it would be hazardous to watch.
Sun+ Goals is one of the three pillars of Sun+, which launched yesterday, along with Sun+ Digital and Sun+Perks.
Grey London created the campaign, which was written by Paul Miles and art directed by Adam Staples. James Haworth directed the spot through The Sweet Shop.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA