Tesco hires Oscar-winning animator for stop-motion F&F campaign
Tesco is featuring stop-motion animation by Oscar-winning animator Alan Dewhurst in its nationwide 'Back to School' TV ads for its F&F clothing business.
The advertising push comes as Tesco increasingly throws more weight behind F&F with the opening of a flagship London store for the fashion range.
F&F’s flagship London store will have a 5,000 sq ft capacity and will be opened in Tesco’s Kensington superstore in late October.
Creative from the advertising push has been directed by Juan Pablo Zaramella, who was long-listed for ‘The best animated short’ at this year’s Oscars for his ‘Luminaris’ film, while Dewhurst has won an Oscar for producing 'Peter and the Wolf'.
Zaramella said: "The advert is a recreation of the real world of kids, but expressed through imagination.
"The idea was to show how F&F clothes are perfect for your child’s favourite daily activities, like playing football or dancing, but filtered by their particular vision of the world."
Tesco previously had a single agency, The Red Brick Road, working on its core business and F&F fashion range ad accounts, but has now split the accounts across agencies.
WARL is the agency behind the F&F account, while Wieden + Kennedy handles the core business, with recent activity including the ‘Love every mouthful’ food campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)