Tesco hires Oscar-winning animator for stop-motion F&F campaign
Tesco is featuring stop-motion animation by Oscar-winning animator Alan Dewhurst in its nationwide 'Back to School' TV ads for its F&F clothing business.
The advertising push comes as Tesco increasingly throws more weight behind F&F with the opening of a flagship London store for the fashion range.
F&F’s flagship London store will have a 5,000 sq ft capacity and will be opened in Tesco’s Kensington superstore in late October.
Creative from the advertising push has been directed by Juan Pablo Zaramella, who was long-listed for ‘The best animated short’ at this year’s Oscars for his ‘Luminaris’ film, while Dewhurst has won an Oscar for producing 'Peter and the Wolf'.
Zaramella said: "The advert is a recreation of the real world of kids, but expressed through imagination.
"The idea was to show how F&F clothes are perfect for your child’s favourite daily activities, like playing football or dancing, but filtered by their particular vision of the world."
Tesco previously had a single agency, The Red Brick Road, working on its core business and F&F fashion range ad accounts, but has now split the accounts across agencies.
WARL is the agency behind the F&F account, while Wieden + Kennedy handles the core business, with recent activity including the ‘Love every mouthful’ food campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London