Tesco carves out niche with new Decks restaurant
Tesco is trialling the launch of its own branded carvery restaurant, 'Decks', which aims to capitalise on the growing popularity of carvery meals across the UK.
Tesco: announces trial of Decks restaurant initiative
The family restaurant is being trialled in Tesco’s Coventry Arena store as it seeks to diversify from its supermarket retailing model, following news yesterday that the retailer will be opening a flagship
Tesco claims Decks presents consumers with "real, honest fresh food, simply cooked", and is named after the "decks" that the food is presented on and which consumers serve themselves from.
The restaurant has a breakfast deck, a pastry deck and a roast deck, with a mixed-service style that features meat being served by an "expertly trained kitchen team," while customers help themselves to vegetables and salads.
A Tesco spokesperson said: "Decks offers customers fresh food at excellent prices, with lots of great healthy options available.
"It’s a new food concept that we’re trialling in our Coventry Arena store and we look forward to seeing what customers think."
Tesco revealed last week that it has made a series of redundancies in its management team, including several marketing posts, as part of chief executive Phillip Clarke’s plans to transform the business.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London