Infographic: what annoys us most about your brand on social media?
Are we a nation of pedants? The answer is most resoundingly yes, at least if you go by this piece of research into what annoys people most about brands on social media.
Post 300 updates every day shamelessly begging people to buy your wares? Apparently that’s way less annoying than one or two pithy updates but making a typo or, God forbid, a grammar mistake.
Lance Concannon, director of Disruptive Communications, the agency that put the research together, says, "A lot of people talk about the need for brands to be less formal when they communicate through social media, but this survey shows that there is a danger in letting standards slip too far.
"While a more relaxed tone of voice may be desirable, it’s very important to have quality control in place to ensure that spelling errors and other sloppy mistakes don’t slip through and cause brand-damage.
"The findings also illustrate that you can’t take a one-size fits all approach in social media. Younger consumers clearly have different expectations and priorities. Overall, people said that not posting updates frequently enough wasn’t a major concern for them, but the 18- to 24-year-olds listed it as their most important issue."
What else can you do to annoy people? To be fair, they’ll probably be miffed if you do send out those 300 "salesy" updates, so you might want to hold back. And no bad jokes!
This article was first published on The Wall Blog
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London