Martini uses voice recognition to help people 'Get On The Guestlist'
Martini has invited people to charm their way onto the guest list for its 150th anniversary gala celebration at Lake Como in Italy, by using voice-recognition technology within a Facebook campaign dubbed 'Get On The Guestlist'.
The campaign combines an interactive film, shot on Lake Como, with information from the user's Facebook account to create a personalised experience for each entrant.
Would-be party crashers use the microphone on their computer to talk to the door staff, while the app uses Google's Voice Search voice-to-text recognition feature to interpret and respond to their attempts to charm their way past the door staff.
Hidden keywords are used to trigger specific responses. All entrants who succeed in talking their way into the party will be entered into a draw to win one of around 100 invites to the event, which will take place on 19 September. The competition will be open to enter throughout August.
Nadia Kokni, global communications director at Martini, said that using the voice-recognition algorithm was a first for the brand, which has been focusing more and more on digital media to engage with its audience.
She said: "We wanted to do something a little more immersive and rich than your standard Facebook campaign. We wanted something that would be fun and playful and that people would want to share with their friends.
"Fun and sharing are two of the key elements for our brand and we wanted to share the opportunity with a few very lucky people to be part of our gala celebration on Lake Como, alongside A-list celebrity guests and DJs."
Kokni added that the social media activation was just one element of a year-long marketing plan, culminating with September's gala celebration, which has included limited edition bottles, social media campaigns and the revival of Martini Racing, which had a famous collaboration with Porsche in the 1970s.
The campaign, which is being hosted on the Martini Facebook page and website, will run across 10 European countries including the UK, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Poland and Ukraine.
The creative was made by Exposure while the digital and interactive components were created by Exeat.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London