BA and Iberia hire Carat for global media
British Airways and Iberia-owner International Airlines Group has appointed Carat to its global media planning and buying account, ending its relationship with ZenithOptimedia and Initiative.
International Airlines Group: hires Carat to its global media account
Carat, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, will manage both airlines’ global media planning and buying. Separate teams will work on each account independently.
The review began as a BA media planning and buying pitch, as revealed by Campaign, but it was delayed when it expanded to include BA’s sister IAG airline Iberia’s media account as well.
On BA from October this year, Carat will work alongside the ad agency Bartle Bogle Hegarty as well as OgilvyOne and the digital shop it set up for the airline, The 12th Floor.
Publicis Groupe’s ZenithOptimedia had the main planning and buying account for BA, but the airline also worked with the WPP outdoor agency Kinetic and the WPP digital media firm Neo@Ogilvy.
Abigail Comber, head of marketing at British Airways, said: "Carat is a great fit for the brand going forward, to deliver business value. We would also like to take the opportunity to thank ZenithOptimedia, Kinetic and Neo@Ogilvy who have made a huge contribution to our business to date."
Iberia’s media planning and buying was previously handled by Interpublic’s Initiative. Carat will work with Ogilvy & Mather, as well as digital consultants Ideup and Reprise on Iberia from November.
Carolina Martinoli, the head of marketing at Iberia, said: "We are looking forward to working with Carat in the many marketing projects we have ahead, from the new commercial initiatives, improved long-haul product and the relaunching of Iberia’s brand.
"They have impressed us with their international reach and knowledge, and we are excited about the opportunities ahead.
"We’re very grateful for the work our current media agency, Initiative, has done in the last seven years".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)