DigitasLBi tells history of time through sound at Barbican
DigitasLBi, the Publicis Groupe digital agency, has created a live sound installation, AM:PM:AD Timelapse, as part of the cross-discipline art and technology project, Hack the Barbican.
DigitasLBi: agency creates lives sound installation for Hack the Barbican project
AM:PM:AD Timelapse takes its inspiration from the 24-hour clock. Each time of day in the 24-hour clock becomes the year with that number, so at 13:48 you will hear the sounds and see images of the Black Death, while at 19:40 it is the Blitz.
The installation will be live in the Barbican’s foyer by its Silk Street entrance from 9am to 11pm from tomorrow until Friday 16 August. The installation will also be live 24-hours-a day online.
Altitude Music was behind the installation’s sound design and Bridgeman Art Library supplied the images for the project.
Victoria Trow, a creative at DigitasLBi, said: "To have an installation we've made from scratch on display in one of the most iconic buildings in London is a dream. It's the Barbican. And we've made something that's going in the Barbican!
"The team has been incredible – everyone has got on with it and made it happen in just one week. I can't wait to tell my nan. She doesn't get what I do, but she definitely knows what the Barbican is."
Other members of the team at DigitasLBi included Ricky Burgess, Kevin Mar-Molinero, Lorenzo Wood, Simon Attwater, Manuela Silva, Nick Collings, Anna Morley, Gavin McReady, Ian Huntington, Joanne Oatts, Katherine Hudson, Shaun Baker, Yuri Yoshimura and Craig Jones.
Hack the Barbican is a project where people with different skills and talents such as artists, technologists and entrepreneurs are given the opportunity to reinterpret the cultural centre.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London