In pictures: World's largest outdoor media art show launches today
John Constable, Lucian Freud, LS Lowry and Tracey Emin works are among the more than 50 pieces of British art selected by the general public to be shown on 22,000 outdoor poster sites across the UK from today (12 August).
Sir Christopher Blake, the creator of the Sgt Pepper's album cover, launched Art Everywhere at an event last Thursday (8 August). The project is a collaboration between the art world and the advertising and media industries.
Blake, whose work will be exhibited on the poster sites, said his reasons for getting involved in the project stemmed from a belief that "art is for everyone".
The art will appear on digital poster sites donated by CBS Outdoor, Ocean Outdoor, JCDecaux, Clear Channel UK and Primesight. The Dentsu Aegis Network agencies Posterscope and Vizeum and the independent agency 101 also worked on the project.
Richard Reed, co-founder of Innocent drinks and mastermind of the project said: "This is a joyful project with no agenda other than to flood our streets with art and celebrate the creative talents and legacy of the UK."
To see a preview of the works on display, view the gallery above.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)