Infographic: Football clubs lead the way in social video engagement
Real Madrid and Barcelona are the sports teams with the most engaged fans in social video, according to a new study from Be On.
The two Spanish clubs take the top positions in Be On's study, with Manchester City third and Chelsea in fifth place.
Turkish club Galatasaray take the fourth spot, thanks to having the highest social video engagement on Facebook.
In the battle of the Formula One teams, Red Bull Racing is beaten by Ferrari F1, while US sports teams the LA Lakers and Dallas Cowboys add some razzamataz to the top 10.
And despite England having won the Ashes, Cricket Australia are on top in the social video stakes in joint tenth place, while England can only manage 12th.
The Social Video Equity report was undertaken in May and June and evaluated factors including:
* Volume of content produced and distributed across each team’s main channels on YouTube and Facebook from the last 12 months;
* Total views for all videos on these channels Engagement;
* Subscribers to the team's YouTube channels;
* Be On ranking taking into account quality, use of video on own website, creativity and audience relevance.
Top ten sports clubs globally in branded video
1. Real Madrid
3. Manchester City
6. Ferrari F1
7. LA Lakers
8. Dallas Cowboys
10= Red Bull Racing
10= Cricket Australia
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England