Coke anti-obesity campaign says 'Live like Grandpa did'
Coca-Cola is encouraging UK consumers to live more like their grandparents, as part of its continued anti-obesity marketing drive.
The soft drinks giant will tomorrow (14 August) roll out a TV ad called "grandfather", which, by using a split-screen, shows the lives of two young men – one from the1950s and one in the modern day.
The ad, accompanied by the soundtrack of 'It’s Not Unusual' by Tom Jones, shows the similarities and differences in how the young men live. The modern man is shown eating junk food, such as crisps and microwave meals, while the 1950s man eats an apple and a home-cooked dinner.
It ends with the line, "Live like Grandpa did: move more, live well, take it easy, and don’t forget to enjoy life," before revealing that the two men are grandfather and grandson.
The ad was created by David The Agency in
A Coca-Cola statement said: "Coca-Cola knows its advertising alone will not address the challenge of obesity, but the brand does think it can make a contribution in addition to the other actions it is taking."
In March, Coke rolled out two new TV ads highlighting the brand’s efforts to combat obesity. One, named "coming together", focused on the company’s low-calorie drinks, while a second, called "be OK", details the number of calories in a can of Coca-Cola.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London