Coke anti-obesity campaign says 'Live like Grandpa did'
Coca-Cola is encouraging UK consumers to live more like their grandparents, as part of its continued anti-obesity marketing drive.
The soft drinks giant will tomorrow (14 August) roll out a TV ad called "grandfather", which, by using a split-screen, shows the lives of two young men – one from the1950s and one in the modern day.
The ad, accompanied by the soundtrack of 'It’s Not Unusual' by Tom Jones, shows the similarities and differences in how the young men live. The modern man is shown eating junk food, such as crisps and microwave meals, while the 1950s man eats an apple and a home-cooked dinner.
It ends with the line, "Live like Grandpa did: move more, live well, take it easy, and don’t forget to enjoy life," before revealing that the two men are grandfather and grandson.
The ad was created by David The Agency in
A Coca-Cola statement said: "Coca-Cola knows its advertising alone will not address the challenge of obesity, but the brand does think it can make a contribution in addition to the other actions it is taking."
In March, Coke rolled out two new TV ads highlighting the brand’s efforts to combat obesity. One, named "coming together", focused on the company’s low-calorie drinks, while a second, called "be OK", details the number of calories in a can of Coca-Cola.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)