Coke anti-obesity campaign says 'Live like Grandpa did'
Coca-Cola is encouraging UK consumers to live more like their grandparents, as part of its continued anti-obesity marketing drive.
The soft drinks giant will tomorrow (14 August) roll out a TV ad called "grandfather", which, by using a split-screen, shows the lives of two young men – one from the1950s and one in the modern day.
The ad, accompanied by the soundtrack of 'It’s Not Unusual' by Tom Jones, shows the similarities and differences in how the young men live. The modern man is shown eating junk food, such as crisps and microwave meals, while the 1950s man eats an apple and a home-cooked dinner.
It ends with the line, "Live like Grandpa did: move more, live well, take it easy, and don’t forget to enjoy life," before revealing that the two men are grandfather and grandson.
The ad was created by David The Agency in
A Coca-Cola statement said: "Coca-Cola knows its advertising alone will not address the challenge of obesity, but the brand does think it can make a contribution in addition to the other actions it is taking."
In March, Coke rolled out two new TV ads highlighting the brand’s efforts to combat obesity. One, named "coming together", focused on the company’s low-calorie drinks, while a second, called "be OK", details the number of calories in a can of Coca-Cola.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London