Tesco Finest to sponsor Downton Abbey
Tesco Finest has become the latest sponsor of ITV's 'Downton Abbey'.
Downtown Abbey: Tesco Finest is to sponsor the third series of the ITV drama
The deal marks the first time that Tesco Finest has embarked on a TV sponsorship. It replaces P&O Cruises, which sponsored the third series. The first two series were sponsored by Aviva as part of its Drama Premieres package on ITV.
The Tesco Finest deal was negotiated by Initiative and ITV Commercial and includes sponsorship across broadcast, mobile and online. The supermarket's ad agency Wieden & Kennedy will create the idents.
David Wood, UK marketing director at Tesco said: "'Downton Abbey' is a great brand fit for Tesco Finest. The show is well crafted, authentic, and inspiring. The partnership will build on these fundamental elements, bringing them to life across multiple platforms as we gear up for an exciting few months for Finest."
Mark Trinder, a sales director at ITV Commercial and Online, said: "The coming together of two of the UK’s most high profile brands this autumn in Tesco Finest and 'Downton Abbey' makes for a high-impact partnership.
"The package is a great example of how partnering with ITV can enhance a brand’s appeal to the benefit of our customers and viewers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Retail Royds Raphael £30k-£40k, London
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region