Tetley launches £1.7m 'find Sydney' push
Tetley has today launched a £1.7 million cross-platform ad campaign that asks consumers to "find Sydney", one of the Tetley Tea folk, who fell into a pack of tea at the brand's factory and got lost.
Created by MediaVest, the campaign runs across TV, VoD, radio, out of home, in store and social, and supports Tetley’s on-pack promotion.
Consumers that find an image of Sydney in their packs will win one of 50 instant cash prizes of £1000. All packs will carry a unique code that gives consumers the chance to win one of a further 100,000 cash prizes.
The TV campaign, created by Dare, will launch during the first episode of ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ this evening and comprise 10- and 20-second ads across ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and satellite channels.
The TV spots follow a box of tea Sydney is trapped inside as it makes its way from the factory to a customer’s shopping bags.
VoD ads will carry interactive overlays, created by Innovid, that offer viewers the chance to win a year’s supply of Tetley tea.
The campaign will be supported by a partnership with Smooth Radio UK, which will run a week-long launch campaign on their breakfast show and announce the winners of weekly Facebook and YouTube competitions.
Social activity will be tied together with the #FindSydney hashtag.
Michelle Jee, senior brand manager for Tetley, said: "We are very excited about the launch of the Find Sydney campaign and can’t wait for Sydney to be reunited with the rest of the Tetley Tea Folk.
"This is our largest on-pack campaign for many years and we feel that together with MediaVest we have created an exciting and truly integrated marketing support campaign to drive the Tetley brand."
Tetley hired Creature as its new ad agency last month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London