Multi-platform ABCs: Sun bows out of open web with 31.7m browsers
News UK's The Sun newsbrand ended its time as a free online news service with a 7.36% rise in monthly unique browsers, to 31,781,861, in July.
Sun bows out of open web with 31.7m browsers
Daily visitors to the Sun website rose 3.12% month on month, to 1,871,623 users, according to yesterday's Audit Bureau of Circulations report.
The Sun introduced a paywall around its online content from 1 August, with news articles and mobile clips of Premier League football costing £2 a week under the rebranded Sun+.
Visitors to the Telegraph's site increased for the first since it rolled out its metered paywall to UK users in April. Daily browsers of Telegraph.co.uk were up 0.75%, to 2,753,596, compared with June. Monthly visitors to the Telegraph website were up 0.63%, to 54,345,008, compared with June.
Sources suggest leaders at the Telegraph are fast coming to the conclusion the meter of 20 free articles per month, per device is by no means stringent enough to either harvest data or boost subscriptions.
Mirror Group Digital attracted 1,447,198 average daily unique browsers in July, up 77% from July 2012, according to the latest figures from ABC.
Mail Online continues to lead with another record period of 134,244,177 monthly browsers and an average of 8,882,767 a day, up 35% year on year.
|ABC Multi-platform report: July 2013|
|July 2013||Monthly % change|
|Daily ave||Total mthly||Daily ave||Total mthly|
|Mirror Group Digital||1,447,198||29,754,028||0.49||1.36|
|Source: ABC Monthly Multi-platform report|
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Innovation Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + benefits, London
- Digital Marketing Officer AF Selection Up to £23,000, Coventry
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, South East