Havas Media wins $150m Emirates' global media account
Havas Media has won Emirates' global media planning and buying account following a hotly contested review.
Emirates: moves its global media account to Havas Media
The decision means the account, which is believed to be worth an estimated $150 million (£96m), is no longer with Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG), which had held the business since 2008.
Boutros Boutros, divisional senior vice-president corporate communications, marketing and brand at Emirates, confirmed the decision.
He said: "We have made the decision, but we still haven’t finalised the contract with Havas. We will be with Starcom for a couple of months and hopefully by the New Year we will move to Havas.
"We’ve been with Starcom for a long time and they did a good job, but we thought maybe it’s time to see what is available in the market and we found that Havas gave us a better proposal.
"It’s very difficult and, to be fair, Starcom delivered of course. But at the end of the day, sometimes things change and you get better value somewhere else. It’s like every other business."
In 2008, Emirates consolidated its global media business into Publicis Groupe Media (now VivaKi). The network, led by SMG, beat OMD in a final shoot-out.
The account is headquartered in Dubai and was initially led by Filip Jabbour, who left the region in May last year to take on the role of EVP, global business development director at SMG’s US headquarters.
In July 2010, Emirates appointed StrawberryFrog Amsterdam to handle its global advertising account following a lengthy review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)