Jaguar Land Rover appoints Phil Popham to oversee new unified marketing structure
Jaguar Land Rover has announced an overhaul of its marketing leadership, as it looks to "maximise" growth opportunities in key markets.
Jaguar Land Rover: new marketing structure
The Tata Motors-owned manufacturer is to create a new, unified marketing structure across both Jaguar and Land Rover, with the director of group sales operations, Phil Popham, appointed to the new role of group marketing director.
The company has abolished the global brand director roles on both brands – held by Adrian Hallmark on Jaguar and John Edwards (pictured, right) on Land Rover – with the remaining brand teams reporting to Popham.
Hallmark moves to the position of group strategy director, while Edwards will move to a yet-to-be-revealed role on the senior management team.
Further changes are also expected in its wider marketing operations before the end of the year, as Jaguar Land Rover looks to improve collaboration between its brands.
"It is the next phase in our development, mirroring the recent changes we made to product creation and delivery, and bringing together the strategy and processes supporting the brands."
In 2012, Jaguar Land Rover’s global vehicle sales surpassed 350,000. The company has stated its aim is to reach 750,000 units in annual sales by 2020.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London