The Huffington Post expands global coverage with WorldPost
HuffPost Live, The Huffington Post's live-streaming network, is expanding its global coverage with the launch of WorldPost, a new editorial element.
Huffington Post: HuffPost Live streaming network to expand its global coverage
The AOL-owned news and blogging site has partnered with the think-tank The Berggruen Institute to launch the new editorial offering, which will introduce a daily international hour-long programme to HuffPost Live.
The programme will look at stories that have engaged readers around the world, taking views from reporters and editors from Huffington Post's international editions.
Nathan Gardels, the former editor of the Global Viewpoint Network of the Los Angeles Times Syndicate/Tribune Media by New Perspectives Quarterly, will edit the editorial element.
Peter Goodman's role as The Huffington Post's executive business editor will expand to include the global news editor of the WorldPost as part of the launch.
The WorldPost will focus on global politics, entertainment, tech, sports, lifestyle and trending stories.
New features will include, 'Global Gay Voices', which looks at what it is like to be gay in different parts of the world; 'The Third Metric Around the World', which will examine how people and companies from different parts of the globe define success, and 'Eat the International Press', a look at the intersection of media, politics and culture,
Coverage will combine reporting from international correspondents, expert analysts, contributing editors, bloggers and freelancers working in places such as China and the Middle East, which do not have a HuffPost edition.
Arianna Huffington, the president and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post Media Group, said it was a "perfect storm moment for HuffPost's expansion into globally focused live programming" and the show will build on HuffPost Live's first-year success.
Nicolas Berggruen, the founder and chairman of The Berggruen Institute, said: "Rooted in a global perspective that crosses all boundaries, [WorldPost] will be connect-the-dots news and analysis covering everything from politics and culture to lifestyle and entertainment."
HuffPost Live will also launch segments produced by editorial directors from HuffPost's international edition, aiming to eventually result in a stand-alone HuffPost Live international network.
The Huffington Post will also introduce a new hour-long political show called 'HuffPost Hill Live', which will cover international politics from a Washington perspective, building on the 'HuffPost Hill' newsletter with video content.
Roy Sekoff, the president and co-creator of HuffPost Live, said: "During HuffPost Live's first year, we've had guests join us live from over 90 countries – so going global and building on HuffPost's international growth and the launch of WorldPost is a natural next step."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...