Radley to launch print push starring Erin O'Connor
Radley, the British handbag manufacturer, is set to launch a national print campaign featuring Erin O'Connor, after appointing the creative agency BabyGrand to work on its advertising account earlier this year.
Erin O'Connor: the model features in the latest campaign from handbag manufacturer Radley
The shop was tasked with creating a new positioning for the brand and the resulting national print campaign is set to break this weekend.
The work features the model O’Connor and aims to make a connection between characteristics – such as inner beauty – shared by her and the brand. Steve Chetham wrote and art directed the work and the fashion photographer Emma Summerton shot it.
BabyGrand won the account without a pitch. One of the agency's owners, Julian Calderara, had previously worked with Radley when he was a business director at DDB London.
DDB London's 2008 "truly Radley deeply" ads won two IPA Effectiveness prizes, including one for best small budget campaign.
BabyGrand has been working since May with the brand – which spent around £200,000 on advertising in 2012, according to Nielsen – to come up with a campaign in time for autumn, but has only now been able to disclose its win.
In June, BabyGrand won the advertising account for the West Cornwall Pasty Company after a competitive pitch against four other agencies.
In August, the agency orchestrated a campaign that celebrated the return of Portuguese football manager Jose Mourinho to Chelsea, with a new piri-piri chicken pasty.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)