Uncle Ben's renews deal with Channel 4 ahead of Jamie's Money Saving Meals
Mars-owned food brand Uncle Ben's has renewed its product-placement and sponsorship deal with Channel 4 for Jamie Oliver programming.
Jamie Oliver: Uncle Ben's renews support for Jamie's Money Saving Meals
Uncle Ben's rice will feature in recipes in Oliver's 'Jamie's Money Saving Meals', which launches on Monday. The Mars-owned brand will also sponsor the six-episode series.
ZenithOptimedia, Oliver's production company Fresh One and Channel 4 negotiated the partnership. It renews an original 2012 deal for product placement and sponsorship of 'Jamie's 15 Minute Meals', a 40-episode series that aired last autumn.
An in-store campaign will support Uncle Ben's product placement and sponsorship deal.
Research carried out in February by the market research firm BDRC Continental and Channel 4 found the product placement of Uncle Ben's rice in 'Jamie's 15 Minute Meals' caused viewers to think more positively of the brand and led to a significant increase in spontaneous purchase intent.
Laura Cottrell, the partnership business manager AFP/PP [ad funded programming/product placement], Channel 4, said: "Uncle Ben's has reaped the benefits of product placement and this is further evidence of Channel 4's commitment to ensuring this evolving business continues to grow."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire