HMV hires Patrizia Leighton as marketing boss ahead of ecommerce launch
HMV has hired Warner Home Entertainment marketer Patrizia Leighton as its marketing director to replace Mark Hodgkinson, who was made redundant by administrators Deloitte.
HMV: hired Patrizia Leighton as marketing director
The retailer has been without a marketing director since February after it announced mass redundancies, but is now in the process of making a raft of new hires after Hilco Capital saved it from administration.
Leighton spent almost six years at Warner Home Entertainment and held the position of senior customer marketing manager prior to joining HMV. She has also worked at Carphone Warehouse and Virgin Megastores.
Her appointment coincides with Hilco hiring James Coughlan earlier this month to head up HMV Digital, its upcoming ecommerce offer.
HMV will launch the first phase of its new digital offering in early October as Hilco seeks to turnaround the fortunes of the ailing retailer.
Coughlan has eight years of experience within digital entertainment and previously oversaw the growth of Vodafone’s digital business.
He has also been a consultant for the digital entertainment offers of Samsung, Channel 4, Ministry of Sound and Universal.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End